Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day one of my Birthday weekend

Well this is day one my Birthday weekend.

It started a little early because my husband got a paid trip out of town to go to some conference. So we took the kids out of school for the day tomorrow so we could leave tonight (shh.....they are home sick....cough, cough) and we headed out.

We got to hotel just in time for dinner of which I had planned heated up burritos that I prepared ahead of time since we only have the use of a microwave. But as we were getting settled my husband got whisked off to have dinner with the others so they could discuss plans for the weekend. So the boys and I ate our dinner then decided to go explore. We found the pool and exercise room. The kids are super excited about getting to exercise. We decided to try and find a place to find something to drink so as we were looking up on our phones for nearest places, we decided to go to Safeway which was only 0.8 miles away. It was fun to take a walk with the boys and look around where we were. We saw a beautiful old church, a university and the state capitol building. Everything looks so pretty at night and peaceful. I am sure it will look much different tomorrow in the daylight.

We got back and my husband suggested I go with him to check out some of the entertainment options. We went into one of the rooms and I was offered a drink of which I reluctantly declined. We then went off to another room, but I quickly realized that this is about schmoosing with people, which is completely out of my comfort zone. So I excused myself and decided sitting bored in a hotel room while kids watch a movie was a better choice. Or even better, the bed is calling me to go to sleep.

Day one is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment